I do not like these just because they are gluten free, but I LOVE knowing I’m feeding them fruits and veggies in a tasty hidden package! FYI, if you don’t care about the gluten, exclude the GF flour, chia and Coconut flour and use 1 1/2 cup wheat flour instead.
This one is a fabulous unexpected exception! We have been playing around with our favorite recipes and updating them to be gluten free, so stay tuned for more!
- 1.5 cup shredded zucchini (excess water removed)
- 1 cup shredded apple (excess water removed)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (excess water removed)
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I only had a berry squeezer on hand last time and 4 tablespoons did the trick and I could not tell the difference:)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I used Red Mill)
- 3 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP Chia Seeds (helps with binding muffins when GF flour is used)
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of chocolate chips if desired (gluten free if you choose)
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate and stir until just mixed.
- Add chocolate chips if you want them (could use raisin or another dried fruit, the chocolate chips add some yum that pleases the kids and mom too) You can add more if you want them more chocolatey too…
- Scoop into greased muffin tins. Make them about 3/4 full:)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes for regular sized muffins (about 12 for mini) or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
I made a combination of mini and regular muffins and this make 12 regular and 24 mini. You can half the recipe if you don’t want quite so many:) These go into our refrigerator and last a good week…I will try freezing next time too.