In an attempt to cut down on all the super tasty carbs pre-bathing suit season, I tried out something different last night in the kitchen, it was delicious and ALL FIVE PEOPLE in my house liked it, WHAT???
The best part is that I had ALL the ingredients on hand. No trip to the store, for once, for me!
I would add more cheddar and less mozzarella next time–the choice was based only on what I had left:)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 pounds cooked bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (I used 1 cup mozzarella one 1/2 of sharp cheddar–you could use all of one or go with a medium cheddar only)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Brown the ground beef and drain it.
- When 1/2 way browned add the garlic powder and the salt and pepper.
- Stir in 3/4 cup (1/2 the total) of the shredded cheese, leaving 2/3 cup aside for the top later.
- Stir in the bacon, cut into pieces, I just sliced each piece sideways in about 1/3 inch strips.
- Place the meat mixture into 2 9 inch pie pans.
- Next, whisk together the mayonnaise, half and half and eggs.
- Pour the mixture over the meat and top with the remaining cheese–add a bit more if you feel it is not fully covered.
- Now just bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbling.
- A MUST–Take out of oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This was super good warm last night, but made tasty COLD lunch today too!! I have to tell you, I would have loved adding some dill pickle slices on top near the end but my pickle averse family would have protested–an idea for you though!