Ideally I cook my family a nice healthy recipe every night, sometimes we live a little and this was one of those nights…
This was delicious…
3 or 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into coins (easy to do when just slightly frozen, diced if you prefer)
8 slices bacon (precook it and make it crispy then crumble it)
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 green onions, diced
2 tablespoons butter (diced into bits)
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use olive oil spray to grease a 12″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of the pan.
- Place the coined chicken breasts evenly on top of the potatoes.
- Season the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp each).
- Sprinkle with half of the bacon, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and half of the green onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top.
- Now layer with the rest of the bacon, another 1/2 cup cheese, the rest of the green onions and another dash of salt and pepper (around 1/4 tsp).
- Place the small diced bits of butter evenly over the casserole.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
11. Remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes, add the other 1/2 cup of cheese and then bake another 10 minutes. Top with chives if desired and serve warm.