Ummm. I am not a huge fan of pork and I am definitely not a fan of dried out pork tenderloin, but this recipe is anything but dry! It is super yummy and a snap to cook. You just put it in the oven on 500 for a few minutes, shut off the oven and then LEAVE it alone. Yep. I left and went for a run, kid pickup, etc. and came home to dinner. Just like that. I like it with roasted potatoes and carrots, but also added a side of cauliflower Mac N Cheese this week–it went over well! I will break the two recipes down separately below. The side will take up your time while the pork cooks so go with the roasted veggies if you need that hour!
PERFECT OVEN COOKED PORK TENDERLOIN
1 pork tenderloin, I got a 20 ounce unseasoned
2 TBSP Herb De Provence Seasoning
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1/4 cup Water
Potatoes (cut into large 2-3 bite size chunks) and Carrots if you like
1 TBSP Garlic Salt
Black pepper optional
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
1. Place the pork in your casserole dish or roasting pan. Drizzle it with 1-2 TBSP olive oil and top with the herb seasoning.
2. Place the carrots and potatoes around the pork.
3. Add 1/4 cup water over your veggies and then drizzle them with 1 TBSP olive oil and the TBSP Garlic Salt, you may wish to add some black pepper as well
4. Put your pork into the preheated oven for 5 1/2 to 6 minutes per pound. For the 20 oz piece I went with 8 minutes. If you cook 2, get them of equal weight and cook according to their SINGLE weight (2 20 oz would still be 8 minutes)
5. When your timer goes off, turn off the oven. Reset your time for 55 minutes, now go do whatever you would like to do for 55 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR, it will let out heat. Trust me, it is cooking:)
6. Remove from the oven after the second timer goes off and allow the meat to sit about 5 minutes before slicing.
CAULIFLOWER Mac N Cheese
1 head cauliflower
4 TBSP cream cheese
1 and 1/2 c. cheese (1/2 c. reserved for top) I used Sharp Cheddar
Splash of cream or Half and Half
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the heads off the cauliflower and steam until soft.
2. Once they are soft, drain and return them to the saucepan.
3.Add cream cheese, cheese and cream and stir until incorporated.
4. Add garlic powder, and salt pepper to taste.
5. Add mixture to a baking dish, cover with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and top with pepper and then broil until bubbly and the cheese a bit browned.